DJ AMYB

Dan O'Connell XFM 'Amy the indie queen that rocks any dance floor...'

Monday 3 October 2011

Gobble!!

Now that freshers week is over I am able to tell you all about it.
As most people know I graduated this year but I've been very lucky to be able to continue the university night Gobble.

 Gobble is an amazing student night held at the LRV and myself and my fellow DJ buddy Scott Thomas play a diverse and varied eclectic type of music making sure we please everyone. We also host the infamous Gobble game which gets students doing a variety of games which mostly end up in nudity or sucking on a phallic shaped objects in order to win alcohol. (Drink aware)

The first Gobble was absolutely amazing, we had reached capacity by 11.45 which is a first in a long time and the audience were just so wonderfully responsive and up for a laugh.
The Wednesday just gone was a real test of time as me and Scott wanted to ensure that people didn't think that freshers Gobble was a one off and make sure that people knew we would deliver a fantastic night week in and week out.

Cops and Robbers themed there were some fantastic efforts and one guy even came as Robocop which definitely won the prize for originality.
You can find the list of all upcoming themes on the union website, next week is a traffic light party which is something I've wanted to do for ages! I'm hoping to begin some beautiful relationships or if not at least get a few people lucky ;)